Skip to main content

Drugs Payment Scheme

If you don't have a medical card, the rental of your respiratory equipment can be claimed back from the HSE under the Drugs Payment Scheme. The simplest way to get your Payments refunded online is to log into :

This will allow you to submit your receipts as and when you get them.

Air Liquide Healthcare will support you when getting your claims filed.

Upon payment of any invoice with Air Liquide Healthcare we will post or email you an invoice marked Paid which will allow you to submit your claims to the DPS scheme. You must fill in a claim form for each month and submit it to the HSE with a receipt from the Chemist and a receipt for ourselves for that calendar month. This can then be sent to the HSE for you to receive your refund.

Drugs Payment Scheme card:

Under the Drugs Payment Scheme (DPS) you or your family will not pay more than €80 each calendar month for:

  • approved prescribed drugs and medicines
  • rental costs for a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine
  • rental costs for oxygen

Apply for the scheme if you do not have a medical card and you pay more than €80 a month for any of these.

Who can apply:

Anyone living in Ireland and intends to live here for at least 1 year can apply.

Provide a copy of 1 of these with your application:

  • A utility bill dated within the last 3 months - gas, electricity or phone
  • A recent bank statement or credit card statement
  • A current car or home insurance policy in the applicant's name
  • An official document from a government department, the Revenue or a local authority

There is no means test for a DPS card.

Family applications

A family is an adult, their partner and any children or dependants.

Include any family member who can't maintain themselves and has:

  • A physical disability
  • An intellectual disability
  • An illness
  • Include a medical report for any family member who cannot maintain themselves.

Click the link for access to the Application form for a DPS card…


Drugs Payment Scheme Refund Form